Whether you are planning the trip of a lifetime, a return to a favorite vacation spot, or simply looking for your next adventure, the Lamar University Cardinal Adventures Travel Program is a great place to start your journey.
Learn more about upcoming trips below or by visiting LU's page on AHI's website.
Cruise the Rhine River (8 day river journey)
July 17-24, 2017
- Explore cruise ports in Holland, Germany and France aboard the exclusively chartered MS Amadeus Silver III, new in 2016.
- Experience 4 UNESCO World Heritage sites: the 17th century Canal Ring Area of Amsterdam inside the Singelgracht; Cologne Cathedral; Upper Middle Rhine Valley; and the historic center of Strasbourg.
- Cruise through the fascinating canals of Amsterdam and sail past the famous Anne Frank House.
Italian Riveria & Chianti (9 day land journey)
September 24-October 2, 2017
- Experience two of Italy's best-loved regions, the Italian Riveria, the jewel of Liguria, and Chianti, Tuscany's famous wine region.
- Visit 4 UNESCO World Heritage sites: the Cinque Terre and the historic centers of Florence, San Gimignano and Siena.
- Stroll through seaside resorts of Portofino, nestled in a picturesque harbor, and equally charming Camogli.
Cruise the Panama Canal (11 day ocean journey)
January 4 - 14, 2018
- Embark in Miami and relax aboard the Azamara Quest as it sails to fascinating ports in Colombia, Panama and Costa Rica with a special transit of the Panama Canal. LU travelers will be treated to a private tour of the Panama Canal by LU alumnus and CEO Jorge Quijano '73, '74. A Lamar University executive will also attend this trip.
- Get an up-close look at the Panama Canal, the early 20th-century engineering marvel as you make your way from the Caribbean Sea to the Pacific Ocean.
- Experience an evening of captivating Colombian music during an included AzAmazing Evening in Cartagena, Colombia.
- Enjoy overnight stays at vibrant Cartagena, Panama City and Golfito.
“The combination of touring a beautiful and historic part of Europe; first class / well planned / well executed tour programs; and a group of awesome, friendly, fun-loving Lamar Alums made this a fantastic trip for us. We definitely hope to go on some more of these Alumni trips in the future. The trip was A+ all the way.”
— Susan (Terry) '64 and Bob '64 McLendon, Richardson, TX
"Lamar's first Alumni trip abroad could not have been better! AHI was terrific to work with and we all loved our Campus Director, Enrique Trave', who met us at the Paris airport and was with us the entire trip. Our tour guides were terrific, especially William Jordan at the Normandy beaches, who has written books on D-Day! It was an educational and fun-filled trip....and a great group of travelers. We look forward to many more trips abroad with alumni and friends!"
— Camille Mouton, Former Vice President for University Advancement
"AHI was an excellent choice for Lamar's first alumni educational tour, and we are interested in being included in the future. I think, everything considered, we couldn't have had a better experience."
— Sue and John '56 Morrison , Lees Summit, MO
"The trip was perfectly splendid from start to finish—accommodations, food, scheduling—all went flawlessly, and we enjoyed every minute of it. I also want particularly to commend our Campus Director, Enrique Trave'—I lack the words to describe just how capable he was in every way."
— Ellen (Walker) Rienstra '62, Beaumont, TX
"We are thankful to Lamar University for initiating these educational Alumni Travel Programs. The use of AHI Travel was an excellent choice and of course, we can't say enough about our AHI Campus Director. The planned itinerary certainly took us to many significant places and was a nice balance between historical, cultural and fun!!"
— Marilyn and Charlie '56 Radaz , Lompoc, CA
"We really had a fantastic trip and enjoyed the group so much - I would not have imagined that traveling with a group would have turned out so well! A large part of the success of the trip was due to Lamar University and our Campus Director Enrique!"
— Charlette (Prothro) '88 and Randy Sandell, Spring, TX
"What a wonderful trip. We loved it!"
— Michael Ann (Agee) ' 64 and Grady '64 Crawford, Baton Rouge, LA